Wow, what a great week I’m having! Just as I finish celebrating my Dragon’s Loyalty Award, I find out I’ve received a Liebster Award! I was nominated again by my dear blogging friend Kimberly, whose blog can be found at words4jp.wordpress.com.
Her blog is amazing, inspiring and thoughtful and she has been a great source of help and support to me as I fathom my way through the blogosphere. Particularly in terms of displaying the awards, which is a lot harder than you would think.
The word Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, valued and endearing. Aw, how nice! The award is given to up-and-coming-bloggers with less than 200 followers. I met the criteria before the nomination, but as my followers went up since the Dragon’s Loyalty Award, I may be slightly over now…
The criterium for receiving the award is as follows:-
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
7. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
OK folks, time for 11 random facts about myself. I will have to make sure I don’t duplicate any from the list in my last post!
1) When I was 17 I used to collect road signs. The piece de resistance of my collection was a ‘keep left’ bollard.
2) I like to eat sweets and chocolates in even numbers.
3) I like to eat savoury foods in odd numbers.
4) I have lucid dreams, but as yet can’t control them.
5) My favourite colour is purple.
6) My favourite TV show at the moment is Girls.
7) I once met Graham Norton at a party.
8) I have a lamp in the shape of a squirrel.
9) My favourite song at the moment is ‘What about us?’ by The Saturdays.
10) I love crafts and making things.
11) I hate touch screen phones and computers. I need keys, man!
For the next part of my award receiving criteria I have to answer 11 questions from Kimberly, which are:-
1) What is your favourite cuisine? – Carvery, chinese takeaway, Italian and of course, CAKE.
2)Where is your ultimate travel destination? – New York. I went once and loved the energy and vibrancy of the city. Would love to go back and ideally live there for a while.
3) Favourite animal?- Dog.
4) Do you prefer long or short hair?- Long hair on myself because it’s too curly and frizzy to suit any other style. I flatten it straight with GHD ceramic iron technology. If it was naturally straight I’d have an asymmetric short cut.
5) Bottled water or tap? – Tap. Bottled water is too expensive and probably filled from a tap anyway.
6) What are you most afraid of? Snakes.
7) a. Do you write drafts of your blog before posting? – Yes.
b. Do you write directly on your computer, or write on paper then computer?- Directly on computer.
8) If you could come back in another life as an animal, what would you want to be? – A monkey. I’d like to be as close to a human as possible, but without all the thinking and angst.
9) Do you get your news from the paper, radio, TV, computer or smart phone app? – TV and computer and celebrity mags.
10) What was your first paid job? – Supermarket cashier.
11) What is your favourite spectator sport? – People watching.
I will now present the Liebster Award to 11 other bloggers who I feel embody the Liebster spirit –
Now for the final stage of my award, I must post 11 questions for my Liebster Award nominees.
1) You inherit £10 million pounds the same day aliens land and say they are going to blow up the world. What do you do with the money?
2) Would you rather have scissors for hands or wheels for feet? Please explain your answer.
3) If you were locked up in jail for life with one other person, who would it be and why?
4) Do you believe in ghosts?
5) Have you ever tried limbo dancing? If yes. what was the outcome?
6) If there was a nuclear holocaust, do you think people would be more likely or less likely to be eating Hellman’s mayonnaise?
7) Do you know how to defend yourself against a rhinocerous attack?
8) Henry Ford declared that ‘History is bunk’. Do you agree or disagree?
9) If you could invent something, what would it be?
10) What is your favourite part of being a blogger?
11) Do you prefer Britney or Shakira? Please give reasons for your answer.
That’s all for today folks. New blog post coming soon! Over and out.