Greetings and salutations! A pleasant surprise awaited me on WordPress this week – my first award! I’ve been nominated by fellow blogger Kimberly, whose blog is at Words4jp.wordpress.com. I’ve only been following her for a short time but find her posts moving, uplifting and inspirational. Her poems evoke a myriad of emotions and are beautiful and insightful. She has that rare ability to make me think and also make me laugh. She is well worth a follow!
Here is my lovely Dragon’s Loyalty Award below –
Thanks for nominating me Kimberly, I’m properly chuffed. If I have understood correctly, this award is given for strength in writing. I don’t know much about mythical beasts, but Wikipedia informs me that dragons are symbolic of wisdom. Now I have this award, you can rest assured that I will try to impart wisdom in my blog at all times and also try not to breathe fire over you.
During the process of receiving my award, I’ve also been forced out of my comfort zone and learned how to include an image on my blog. This needed to happen and I’m thankful for the kick up the backside. I’ve chosen some amazeballs bloggers to receive the award too.
The criterion is essentially the same as that of all awards –
1.Display the Award Certificate on your website.
2.Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award.
3.Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
4.Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
5.Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Now let’s see if I can find 7 interesting things to say about myself…
1) I used to perform stand-up comedy. When I am not bogged down by life crap, I can be quite funny!
2) My house is currently festooned with miniature Easter chickens. Courtesy of my partner Alan.
3) My blood group is B positive, which is also my motto in life.
4) I’m about to become an Auntie for the first time.
5) I love anything neon at the moment. I need neon nail varnish, accessories and clothing. I particularly want a neon satchel.
6) I love graffiti art and would love to get some sprayed onto my yard wall.
7) I will never become a grown-up and that is my promise to you.
My next post will be arriving this weekend and I will be talking about triggers. Not the kind found on guns, but the ones that set you off into hopeless states of melancholy. Until then, I’m off to celebrate my award with a giant Easter egg.
Live long and prosper. May the force be with you!